PREMIUM CUSTOMER SUPPORT
HASSLE FREE RETURN
OVER A DECADE OF EXPERIENCE
Selecting the right replacement filters for your RO/DI System:
Replacing filters on time is essential for optimal performance of your saltwater, freshwater aquariums, hydroponics, or any other application you may need perfect zero TDS water. Most Aquarium Reef RO/DI systems have 4 to 7 filters which need changing on different intervals depending on the stages of filtration.
All of our filters are 100% compatible with industry sized filters and fit most brands like, Bulk Reef Supply, Aquatic Life, Marine Depot, Spectrapure, AquaFX and many more!
Be rest assured about the quality, we use world-class OEM parts and each part is rigorously tested to beat industry standards. We understand that filter performance is key to great quality water in order to remove all impurities such as arsenic, chlorine, nitrate, ammonia, and 1000 + containments for perfect quality water.
How To Monitor Filter Performance:
RO/DI system are divided into 3 main filtration stages – Pre Filters, Reverse Osmosis Membrane, and color changing mixed bed deionization resin.
The best ways to ensure proper replacement schedule:
1. Pre Filters – These include your polypropylene sediment and dual activated carbon shell. Block filters. These filters are designed to eradicate larger impurities before it goes into the RO membrane. Impurities like chlorine, sediment, VOCs, dust, rust, sand, and silt are removed during this stage.
How Do I know When to Change It?
*Adding a pressure gauge will allow you to see when the pressure drops to inform you that the pre-filters are clogging up and require a filter change.
*Visually looking at the filters will also give you a good idea of the replacement schedule. When the sediment turns dark brown it means it's time to replace them. Another way is to measure the chlorine reduction on the carbon.
*Replacement schedules vary depending on the water quality, pressure, and usage. In general these filters last 8 to 12 months, depending if you’re on city water or well water.
2. Reverse Osmosis Membrane – LiquaGen RO membranes are made with GE films, who are leaders in the water filtration industry. The membranes are rated at 99% rejection rate which removes all major impurities for safe, clean RO water.
How Do I Know When to Change It?
- Installing a TDS right after the RO canister helps monitor the TDS leaving the unit. The RO membranes are designed to reduce the TDS to 5-25 TDS making it pure water while improving the life of the mixed bed color changing DI Resin.
- On average, the RO membrane should be replaced every 2 to 3 years.
3. Nuclear Grade Color changing Mixed Bed Deionization Resin – DI resin is key for 0 TDS water, it’s usually the final stage in the filtration process and polishes down the RO water to zero.
How Do I Know When to Change it?
- Installing a TDS right after the final stage helps monitor the TDS leaving the unit. When the DI resin starts going high in TDS, it’s time to replace the media inside.
- All LiquaGen DI canisters are refillable, simply purchase the media, and replace it within a few minutes!
- LiquaGen DI resin is color changing so when the media is exhausted, it will change color. This is a great indicator of performance and product life.
How Do I know Which LiquaGen Replacement Set is the right for me:
Match the Part number on the unit and search for it on the search tab on LiquaGen
- 4 Stage Countertop RO/DI: 4-SS
- 4 Stage RO/DI – 4-IS
- 5 Stage RO/DI 75 GPD: 1 – OT – 75
- 5 Stage RO/DI 100 GPD: 1-OS-100
- 6 Stage RO/DI 100 GPD: 2-OT-100
- 6 Stage RO/DI 150 GPD: 2-OS-150
- 400 GPD COMMERCIAL : 4-IS-C
- 800 GPD COMMERCIAL : 8-80-IC